Monday 2 July 2012

The Great Escape Animatic Timeline

The video is exporting right now, and I'll upload the full thing when I get home. For the sake of killing some time whilst I'm waiting, here's the timeline for the animated piece.


Yes, each one of those blocks is an individual frame (with the exception of the ones on the second lowest video track, which are alternating for the first phase and then straight through the same afterward).

I've made each individual 'shot' in PowerPoint, using stock characters I made earlier using Photoshop on my TouchSmart. Yes, the six-year-old TouchSmart that blue screens all the time. Eh. My working computer has neither Photoshop nor a touch screen, so that wasn't an option. /technologyhatesme

From a production standpoint, this was clearly put together in FCP using the previously mentioned shots from PowerPoint. The spiders were done in FCP by importing the .png into Final Cut and then moving them one step at a time. This took ages, though it could have been longer if I didn't decide to recycle some of the shots here and there and just make minor tweaks to the movement each time. Originality, what is this?

The text at the beginning is just the song name/band name/year, as they theoretically show when playing the video on music television channels (I say theoretically because music channels tend to focus more on terrible reality shows about teenage mothers and making cars look ridiculous than playing music videos). I was very tempted to add in loads of pop-up video style text boxes with facts about the comings and goings of the Temporary Veterinary lads, but thankfully managed to hold off. This may still happen!

So yeah, will upload the final piece as soon as possible.

-HM.

1 comment:

  1. "I was very tempted to add in loads of pop-up video style text boxes with facts about the comings and goings of the Temporary Veterinary lads..." ha! Great idea! Perhaps one to think about for your second storyboard/animatic piece due 31st July.

    ReplyDelete